Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Requirements for Marriage in Ukraine

Pursuant to Article 195 of the Code of Laws on Marriage and Family of Ukraine, a Ukrainian citizen, or a citizen of a foreign state, can enter into a marriage with a foreign national on the territory of Ukraine on a general basis, i.e. in compliance with the terms of Articles 15 and 17 of the Code of Laws on Marriage and Family of Ukraine.
The Ukrainian civil marriage process can take several weeks to several months. If you are marrying another Indonesian, or a third-country national, Ukrainian authorities require that one of the parties be present in Ukraine - for an unspecified period of several months - before they can register their marriage in Ukraine.
To marry a Ukrainian citizen, an Indonesian citizen should follow these step-by-step instructions.
If you have been married before, please make sure that you have the original divorce decree or death certificate properly authenticated (legalized) in Indonesia
Fill out a Letter of Non-Impediment to Marriage ("marriage letter") at the Inonesian Embassy in Kyiv.
This form (in English and Ukrainian) contains basic information and is a sworn statement that you are not currently married.
Legalize the "Letter" at the Legalization Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine , located in Kyiv at 2 Velyka Zhytomyrska, tel: 238-1815, 253-1266, 212-8392, 238-1669, any working day of the week except Thursday from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (accepting documents) and 4:00 p.m. - 5.30 p.m. (returning documents).
The application fee is 8 Hryvnas for each document. The legalization fee is 8.50 Hryvnas (about $1.5) for Ukrainian citizens, 17 Hrivnas (about $3) for foreign citizens and 85 Hrivnas (about $16) for legal entities per document for next-day service. For one-day expediting service one has to pay a double fee. The fee must be paid to account 141924 of the National Bank of Ukraine in any neighborhood.
Obtain a certified translation of the data page of your passport, any annulment decrees, divorce decrees or death certificates of your former spouse(s) (if you were previously married), and the letter of non-impediment to marriage.
To arrange for your marriage, take all the documents, including your original passport (with a translation), the legalized original death or divorce decree (if any) (with translation), and the legalized Letter of Non-Impediment to Marriage, with translation to RAGS - the civil registrar's office in the hometown of your fiance(e).
The Central RAGS in Kyiv is located at 11 Prospekt Peremogy, tel: 236-0071. The person who deals with marriages to foreigners can be reached at 236-0243 or 236-0147.

No comments:

Post a Comment