Follow these safety tips when using lithium batteries during your flight.
- To prevent overheating, insert lithium-metal batteries correctly, according to the polarity marked on the battery and your electronic device.
- To prevent heat from building up, do not cover your device’s charger when in use.
- Do not let lithium batteries come into contact with metal objects, or mix with unpacked batteries, as this may cause them to short-circuit.
- Do not leave devices plugged into the charger for longer than necessary. Once fully charged, disconnect and turn the charger off.
- Do not place heavy objects on electronic devices or allow them to get wet.
- Do not leave lithium-ion batteries unattended while charging.
- Do not carry damaged or recalled batteries and equipment on-board