Dario Srna to Dmytro Gordon:

"I received an offer from Shakhtar. But I didn't know who 'Shakhtar' was. I didn't know where it was, what it was. I only knew it was a football club, nothing more. Well, I'm telling the truth. That's a fact. It was 2003.

But I was in a difficult situation at home. There was the war, they stole our car, they bombed our house. We were living on credit, my agent, Štimac, was helping, but I wanted to provide for my family.

The best offer was from Shakhtar, and I'm not going to hide that. At that time, it solved a lot for me, for me and my family. And I was very connected to my family then.

My mother, my father, my brothers, now my wife, my children. That's sacred to me. I went there not for myself, but for them, to solve their life problems and so that they could live happily.

After the war, after everything we went through, I told myself: 'I'm going, I'm going to fight.' I had it in my head: 'I'll go to Shakhtar, play for a year or two, earn something, help my family, and then go to Europe.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Svetlana Loboda and Till Lindemann together: the hottest and most tender photos of a sweet couple

Jim Morrison in Ukrainian embroidery. Photos

Free Wi-Fi zones in Kiev.