The son of the US Secretary of Health, Conor Kennedy, has been declared an international wanted person in Russia for participating in the war in Ukraine
The son of the US Secretary of Health, Conor Kennedy, has been declared an international wanted person in Russia for participating in the war in Ukraine, Russian media reported, The Independent reports.
Conor is the third child of US Secretary of Health, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. In 2022, Conor joined an international volunteer unit to fight against Putin's army. At the time, Kennedy said that he wanted to help Ukrainians after Putin's invasion and that he was ready to "die" for this cause.
Four years later, and, according to the TASS agency, a Moscow court authorized the arrest in absentia of the 32-year-old Kennedy, accusing him of being a mercenary on the side of the Ukrainian army.
Kennedy spoke about his participation in the fighting in the first months of the war on Instagram in 2022. He joined the International Legion, despite having no military experience.
💬 I was deeply moved by what had been happening in Ukraine over the past year. I wanted to help. When I heard about the International Legion, I knew I would go, and the next day I went to the embassy to register. .. Here [in the US] I told only one person where I was, and there I told only one person my real name. I didn’t want my family or friends to worry, and I didn’t want to be treated differently.
Kennedy declared that this war, in his opinion, “will determine the fate of democracy in this century,” and urged people to “join the Legion, help on the border, or send medical supplies.”
💬 I enjoyed being a soldier—more than I expected. It’s scary. But life becomes simple, and the rewards for finding courage and doing good are very great. My friends there know why I had to come home. I will always be indebted to them for their example. I understand that I was lucky to survive, but I would take all those risks again
Conor Kennedy, who reportedly had a whirlwind romance with Taylor Swift in 2012, married Brazilian singer-songwriter Julia Bé this year. Julia praised her husband in a comment under his post about his participation in the war.
💬 You are the bravest man I have ever known, my love…” wrote Kennedy’s then-girlfriend.
Comments
Post a Comment